Over here at Social Media Relations, we love paying it forward, so for the last couple of months we’ve been answering Quora questions relating to what we know best: Online Marketing, SEO, Growth Hacking, and all things Social Media (especially Instagram!).
After answering hundreds of questions, we found there were some trends to what people were asking. Here are the TOP 5 Frequently Asked Questions about Instagram and our answers to them.
FAQ #1. Who is everybody following on Instagram?
A: This is the Top 10 most followed accounts on Instagram to this date (August 14th, 2017):
- @instagram – Instagram
- @selenagomez – Selena Gomez
- @arianagrande – Ariana Grande
- @cristiano – Cristiano Ronaldo
- @beyonce – Beyoncé
- @taylorswift – Taylor Swift
- @kimkardashian – Kim Kardashian
- @kyliejenner – Kylie Jenner
- @therock – Dwayne Johnson
- @justinbieber – Justin Bieber
FAQ #2. What can I do to get my login for Instagram?
A: You can always request them to send it to your email or phone number if you registered one. To reset your password, first open the Instagram app. On the login screen, tap Get help signing in below Log In.
FAQ #3. Can you block certain followers from seeing your posts on Instagram?
You can choose on the app’s privacy settings, who sees your profile or watches your insta-stories.
FAQ #4. Why does Instagram allow me to follow only a few people?
A: Instagram limits the amount of ‘followings’ and follow requests per hour to 200 to avoid (annoying) bots and people seeking for the infamous “follow-back”.
If you are asking over-all 7.5k is a huge number, I don’t think any rational human being keeping track of more than that number of accounts and I believe they limit it for the same reason as I stated above.
Last but not least, the most asked question by far:
FAQ #5. How do I get real followers on Instagram to get more likes?
A: Below are four tips that worked for me on my personal account and all the corporate accounts I have managed so far (quite a lot)
1. Content!!! High-Quality visuals accompanied with a relevant caption generates more engagement. Remember that you have a fraction of a second to catch people’s attention on one post that can/should lead them to click on your profile and eventually following converting them into your followers.
2. Consistency: Post about one topic or one series of topics you are passionate about but don’t post too many random things. “Why would people that don’t know you would follow you?” You need to become an expert on the topic you talk about and have a bio that reflects it.
3. Interactions: Reply, ask, find people with similar interest and genuinely interact with them, ask questions, send private messages, anything that will make you notice.
4. Hashtags: Use relevant hashtags! Hashtags that you would browse, not #instagood #qotd etc. I recommend using more “narrow” hashtags that address a local audience like a city or a university in particular.
Do you have any yearning questions on Instagram not included here? Drop us a note below or contact us and well answer you directly!